Skip to main content

Thoughtful Thursday - Itch from Hell



Sometimes, when I have a bad day, I think I'm the target of some cruel joke. My life hasn't turned out the way I planned. Some things are going well. I've gotten some short stories published and will have books in my hands very soon that I can sell to fund my novel. That's surreal. I need someone to pinch me so I know I'm not just having a good dream.
My health is an area that makes me really sad at times. It's where I keep taking the most hits. I started having symptoms at age 14. My parotid salivary glands would swell up. It's always painful when that happens.

In my twenties, I experienced an episode of sleep paralysis while hallucinating. It wasn't until about 5 years after that, they said I had narcolepsy. I lived with that for 3 years until no stimulant medication helped and I had the symptoms of stroke so took myself off the meds. My body had decided it wasn't narcoleptic anymore. This was all proven both times by the tests.

After that it was discovered that I was sensitive to dairy, eggs, and yeast. That has been a fun diet.

Next, I began having joint pain. I remembered during a check for carpal tunnel in my twenties that I had a positive RA factor. So I got some blood tests done and was sent to a rheumatologist. 

Many of my symptoms match an autoimmune disorder. One that features dryness, so stimulants were about the worse thing I could be on. The trouble is that my body is again rejecting medication. Rather violently through a rash. As a baby, I reacted this way to penicillin.

So I'm at a loss right now as I feel rather like I'm in hell. I've been reacting since the 8th, despite hydrocortisone cream, allergy medicine, baking soda baths, tea tree oil, antifungal cream, aloe, calamine, apple cider vinegar, and diaper rash cream.

It's clear my body is pissed off for some reason.

I see my specialist tomorrow. Hopefully she'll know what to do. 

Until then, I expect to have another night of difficulty sleeping. 

I wish I could trade skin with someone.

I'm exhausted but too itchy to sleep and I just want to cry.

R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...