Skip to main content

When September Ends...

... I get excited because October is my favourite month of the year. I'm a goth and have been since the 90s. 

I'm struggling with one of my costume items. It looked so good on the site. Hopefully, I can get it to look good on me too. My first attempt didn't go well. I'll keep at it.

My main writing update is that I made it through Chapter 5 and I'm really happy with it. And now I'm stuck on Chapter 6. This book has a futuristic view mixed with magic and some things are quite challenging to invent or reinvent, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the process despite occasionally wanting to rip my hair out. Every tweak has ripple effects across the rest of the story, so it's important to take my time. 

A new round is already here and I need to set some goals. For the bulk of the final round of 2021, my plan is my current novel, but November is NaNoWriMo and I haven't decided if I will participate or not. I've set myself up with a schedule. For 3 days each week, I have set aside writing time. Also for 3 days each week, I've set aside time for guitar.

Current Standings

1. Bathroom Reno - 93%
2. Twitch Gaming - 60% (More testing is needed)
3. Guitar (Rock Level 3) - 6%
4. Kitchen - 0%
5. Living Room (Paper Declutter) - 19%
6. Reading - 50%
7. Fitness - 5lbs lost
8. Sparks - 19% edited
9. Blog - 40%

R4 Goals

1. Bathroom Reno - 100% [High Priority]

- Get in touch with the plumber rather than his apprentice for a quote and a schedule.

2. Twitch Gaming - 100% [Low Priority]

- Figure out what game to play and what time/day to play it.

3. Learn GIMP. [Mid Priority]

4. Guitar [Mid Priority]

- Complete Fender Play Rock Level 3.
- Complete Fender Play Punk Rock Mini Course.
- Learn songs I like in Rocksmith's learn mode.

5. Kitchen [High Priority]

- Finish catching up on dishes.
- Install trim.
- Clean fridge.
- Clean oven.

6. Paper Declutter [Mid Priority]

- Approximately 600 sheets to either purge or file for this round.

7. Fitness [High Priority]

- 19 lbs to go.
- Exercise at least 3 times per week.

8. Reading [Mid Priority]

- Get at least 3 more books read.

9. Sparks [High Priority]

- Get at least to half way edited.

10. Blog [Mid Priority]

- Continue to blog at least once per week.

https://trello.com/b/RM8yD3eq/rae-roy-ge
eral

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...