Skip to main content

Time Off

This is how I feel about the time changes. 

Luckily for me, I was told that I hadn't taken enough vacation this year, so I took the rest of the week off! It really helped adjusting to the time change.

On Thursday, I mainly planned, did some decluttering, and played video games. It was a day for relaxing really.

Friday brought time to get a tire and tube for my bicycle. This has been an ongoing saga for me. It took time to find the pump that worked, but it will hopefully finally work out. I also visited my young buddies who had a P. A. Day off school. We played games and had Chinese food. While it was fun, I'm happy not having children of my own.

Saturday was a mix of gaming, adjusting my rim to accommodate a Shraeder valve tube, and watching TV. I didn't find my pump until Sunday. I also made progress on my bathroom door, though it's still not quite right.

Today, I rearranged part of my bedroom, did laundry, and got my tire set up. Here's the result of that:
That's my front tire, but as I need to take the back off to attempt tube repair, I'm going to test this one on the back briefly for fit as I may want to just use this tire on both the back and front and be done with the headache that has been this bike thus far. But as I have extra tires in the original size, I'm trying to make use of them first.

On writing, I realized that my NaNo plans never work out, so I'm using it to plan future works instead of focusing on getting 50k. I just never have the time to get there these days. Maybe someday I will again, but there's no sense in heaping that pressure on myself when work has given me more than enough stress this year.

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...