Skip to main content

Excited And Expectant

I could finally order the musical equipment that I've been wanting, so I'm very excited to get using it. I retrieved it today from the post office. This took two trips as it came in two packages despite being ordered together as one bundle. Sometimes the world really doesn't make sense to me. YOU CAN'T CALL IT A BUNDLE IF IT'S NOT BUNDLED!!!

We've entered the time of year where I try not to ship a lot directly to my home because people in my building steal things leading up to Christmas. I don't know if this is out of desperation to provide gifts they can't actually afford to buy or if they just don't want to spend money or if there's some other reason, but it's not cool at all.

I have a rug coming to make my office, which is also my streaming and music space, cozier and to have the floor itself appear distinctly separate from the rest of my condo.

After seeing a comment on a friend's Facebook post, I thought it might be neat to share when I learn or confirm a grammar item. I wasn't sure on this one myself, so I hit Google. Today in grammar, it's deep-seated, not deep seeded, but I can understand the confusion on that one. One might be picturing a seed growing deep in the dark, so far below the surface that its roots cannot be pulled. But that would be wrong!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/deep-seated-deep-seeded-usage

It's apparently time for some blog maintenance. I had to renew my domain this week. Google sent a thing about analytics, so I need to check that I'm all good there. And it looks like I need to see if I can ban certain users from commenting on my blog since they are clearly spammers. I marked a number of posts as spam and deleted them. There were around 20. I don't understand why people do this stuff. Get a life!

It took me awhile to figure out my November goals, but I have and I can see some of these continuing into December.


NOVEMBER GOALS

Finances

- Continue reducing debts. (Outside of goal specific spending, I've been doing well here.)


Health & Fitness

- Make homemade meals at least 5/7 days of the week.* (I've been doing really well on this and I'm happy about it.)

- Rowing 2x weekly.

- Moving (walking/dancing/curling/cleaning) 4x weekly.


Home

- Sell items.

- Continue catching up at home. (This has been going well. My office has improved and I have a tea area in my kitchen now.)

- Finish reading nook.


Music

- Practise daily. (I can't seem to get into a routine that allows for this every day. It's easier to do so Thursday-Sunday.)

- Memorise at least one song.


Reading

- Read daily for at least 30 minutes.* (I'm totally sucking at this and it makes me sad.)


Writing

- Sparker: Organize notes that need to be edited into the novel then use them to edit.* (I've started doing this while others do NaNo sprints.)

- Popcorn Girl: Experiment with sounds to figure out what's missing. (I will have Ableton soon and be more able to do this.)


Please check out my digital to-do list: https://trello.com/b/RM8yD3eq/rae-roy-general

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...