Skip to main content

Social Media Challenges and Other Fun Stuff

Social Media Challenges:

I am still having issues with my social media platform. I basically want my Facebook author page and my personal Facebook profile to be completely separate.

Currently, my Wordpress blogs are posting to my Facebook author page. I like this.

It seems my Twitter and my personal Facebook profile became linked once again and all my public posts were being tweeted. Again. I unlinked the two and revoked the Facebook app's access to my Twitter account.

I have set up Wordpress to publish to both my Facebook author page and my Twitter account. I'm hoping this resolves the issue and doesn't do something wonky like double tweet/post. I guess I'll know what it does after I post this.

At some point, I will want to get more traffic going to my Facebook author page, but I think that is something to work on once these integration bugs are worked out.

Other Fun Stuff:

I took in a little piece of Doors Open Ottawa today. The Canada Science & Technology Museum portion was just okay. The tours were at inconvenient times and there wasn't a lot you could see if you didn't join a tour. At least the parking for that was free.

I went to the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum with some friends and got licked by a cow. That was more enjoyable than the other visit, though it was odd that the food museum did not sell food unless you can count vending machines. I am now sunburned as the museum involves walking around in the sun.

Cows have rougher tongues than cats do.

I hope that cow doesn't get a taste for human flesh... it started trying to nibble on me.

After the foodless food museum I dropped by a Bridgehead to get a vegan spelt cookie because they are like a meal and combined with the vending machine chips I had previously, I figure I had lunch covered enough for my next stop.

My next stop was the Ottawa Small Press Fair where I bought more books I need to find time to read, saw some fun writers I met at On The Brink, and met another Sci-Fi author that is encouraging me to come hang out at this group where they read each other's works in progress and stuff like that. Sounds like a good idea to me :)

The community centre caught fire while I was there in the most unlikely place: the pool. Apparently that happens.

I took a bit of a break to grab an actual meal, slather aloe on my shoulders, and then headed over to J.A. Dulude Arena to watch some roller derby.

A busy day followed by mundane things like dishes, but perhaps I'll bake some sugar-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free ginger cookies.

First, more aloe. Ouchie.

Ciao
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...