Skip to main content

Merry Monday - Lots To Do And Little Time To Do It In

[caption id="attachment_4711" align="alignright" width="300"]merry_monday Image created using Bit Strips.[/caption]

And thus we return to our regularly scheduled programming. Well, mostly. The colleges are still on strike. We had 21 days that had classes in my program prior to the strike. We've had 18 days worth of strike where we should have had classes. The strike has been longer than that for most students. I don't have Friday classes nor are any of mine on the weekends.

I slowly plod on because I don't know what else to do. I watch videos on YouTube from the greats like Syd Field. I read my text books, though I could be doing more of that I suppose. I work on my assignments. I've been working on the first act of my feature film script, but I realized that I have other assignments that were due before that one that I should focus on instead. Namely my short film, my 10-minute play, and my TV episode. I may work on my TV episode today because I've been told that it should go pretty smoothly since I did the 7-10 page treatment for it. I know I did something for my 10-minute play that is somewhat of an outline, so perhaps that will be next. I've done barely anything for the short film.

In my life, I have other things to do as well. I'm taking my car in tomorrow for an oil change, a tire change, and perhaps a repair on the left rear caliper, though that will depend on parts as unfortunately my model needs special calipers. This might also mean a brake pad change. It won't be cheap, but I've been saving for it.

I also need to extend the straps on my hakama before grading on December 2nd. At least I sent in the written. I almost missed that as I thought it was the 16th that it was due and it was yesterday. If I hadn't seen a Facebook post, I would've been screwed!

And my house needs to be cleaned. It always takes a lower priority over the rest though.

And there's laundry, dishes, and groceries to be done too. I should do groceries today in case my car is at the shop longer than expected.

My cold is lingering, but it started to clear on the weekend. My sinuses seemed to be plugged up into my ears! Bodies can be so weird.

I technically have a lot of free time, but the strike has been making me feel a bit depressed and making it difficult to actually make ample use of the free time. I also had to take some time to just rest because of the cold. I think I'm going to be ok though.

The hardest thing seems to be picking which thing to focus on first. Maybe I'll have breakfast, empty and load my dishwasher, then work on my TV episode for a bit and do groceries early this afternoon. Then I can do some laundry after that. Sounds like a plan. In the words of my father, "I love it when a plan comes together!" Yeah, he totally stole that from The A-Team. Or maybe they stole it from him...

Guid cheerio the nou,
R!

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...