Skip to main content

Sunday isn't Monday...

Thankfully it's the long weekend and even Monday isn't Monday. This does mean, however, that Tuesday becomes Monday and remains Tuesday.

I haven't made nearly as much progress on cleaning my place this weekend as I was intending to. Is it laziness? The heat? Am I just tired? Maybe a little of all of those things. I have tomorrow too, right?

I want to skip cleaning and just write. What do I want to write? I don't know yet. I'm thinking of playing around with The Blood Waitress Club. It's basically first drafted. I even have a cover already for it, though only an eBook and not a paperback one. I think I could get the rest done easily though. The back of the cover could just be black with high contrast text... I don't know about the spine, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Perhaps a short story would be best first. Like a palette cleanser.

I'm going to force myself to do some dishes first though.

I have a doctor's appointment I better not forget about tomorrow. Yes, on a holiday. Hopefully it's short.

I've added a second adult album to my vinyl collection: Radiohead - Pablo Honey. I find listening to vinyl is relaxing in a different way than digital music, but that may be due to often having headphones in for digital music. I got two free albums recently for playing the Family Guy game and unlocking Avril Lavigne and Alice Cooper.

Oh!!! I got a betta fish. I've named him Winchester the Amazing! We aren't quite used to each other yet. Sometimes he sees me as a threat and starts flaring at me.

image



He's hard to photograph, but is beautiful. He's a mix of blue, purple, and red. I'm trying to get him hooked on Supernatural, but so far no dice.

I hope it doesn't upset him that I'm having crab legs for dinner...

Ciao,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...