Skip to main content

When It’s Worse Than You Thought

I believe we all know someone that peaked in high school. Perhaps a track-and-field star that took up smoking and started “dancing” in a strip club. We’ve also known those who have turned out to be different people than we thought. That pretty dancer with the heroin addiction, for example.

Something came to light today about a former football star from my hometown. Back when I was in the school and he was a senior, there were whisperings that he was involved with drugs in a big way. As far as I knew, he was a dealer. That’s not what the police arrested him for.

Apparently he’s accused of engaging in sexual activity with girls younger than 16 years old! The initial report is three, but many more are speaking out.

When someone you once shared hallways with turns out to be a monster... well I don’t know what else to say about this. I'm not shocked he's been arrested for something, but I never thought he was *THAT* bad! It wasn't uncommon for kids at my high school to dabble in marijuana, shrooms, or LSD, but I never heard of any unwanted sexual contact, let alone preying on kids.

The family of the accused is encouraging the public to report anything they know to the investigating officer.

It’s best the police question any children that may have been involved as they have training in matters like this.

Please help them get to the bottom of this. I grew up with the investigating officer, Greg McClenaghan. Greg is easy to talk to and truly cares about the service he is providing. His father and mine are buddies. If you know anything that can help assist the investigation, please don’t hesitate to contact Greg at (705) 497-5555. The number for Near North Crime Stoppers is also in the linked article.

I feel sick.

R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...