Skip to main content

2024 Wrap-Up

Image by Kati from Pixabay.

It's time for the 2024 Wrap-Up post about many of the things I managed to achieve. As I gathered this all together from my weekly blog posts, I began to realize why I was so tired at the end of the year. Overall, I wish I had gotten further on my writing projects, but I found focus and clarity by the end that I hope to carry forward into 2025.

Arts & Crafts

- Completed a lesbian pride scarf
- Completed a fairy garden
- Completed a PWHL scarf with the 6 inaugural team colours
- Made a knit basket
- Sticker bombed my media cabinet's doors
- Improved at crochet
- Improved my knitting
- Crocheted a donut coaster
- Knitted a thin scarf/tie for a wedding outfit
- I made a new patch for my jacket
- I made a holder for my car insurance and ownership documents
- I made a lot of progress on Fairy Cross-Stitch
- I started a summer quilt
- I made progress on my goth quilt
- I added a large decal on my car

Concerts & Plays

- Saw Teagan and Sara live
- Saw Evanescence live
- Saw Danielle Allard perform live
- I went to a Candlelight concert
- Saw Chick 182 live
- Went to Murder She Read

Dating & Sex

- Went to some singles events
- Went on several dates

Decluttering & Minimalism

- Installed new hanging lights in the living room
- Reorganized my kitchen
- Reorganized my bedroom
- Reorganized my living room & reading room
- Reorganized my bookshelves
- Reorganized my storage area
- Joined my Ikea PS cabinets together
- Created a display shelf for my fairy collection
- Fixed a leaking kitchen drain
- Replaced my car

Gaming & Streaming

- Completed Diablo IV
- Started streaming crafts

General & Miscellaneous

- I participated in my Scottish clan parade of colours
- Survived 2024

Health & Fitness

- Finished softball season as Most Improved Peach (Player)
- Met Team Homan
- Met Emerance Maschmeyer, Emily Clark, and Ashton Bell
- Had my tongue tie released
- Learned that ADHD meds are not for me
- Experienced my first bonspiel
- Figured out that dyes are the food item that have been making me ill
- Recovered from a rotator cuff injury
- Did fall ball
- Completed Getting Started League level 1 (Curling)
- At a PWHL game, I was interviewed by CTV
- I took some dance classes
- I participated in Drag 'n' Balls
- I started tap dancing

Movies & Television

- Met Greg Sestero

Music & Songwriting

- I joined a choir
- I tried violin

Reading & Writing

- Attended 2024 Can-Con 
- Attended Coverfly's 2024 Career Lab
- Submitted Sparker to a publisher and was rejected
- Made progress on Sparker
- Began an anthology
- Completed The Chatelaine by Kate Heartfield
- Blogged at least once per week
- Figured out I prefer writing fiction rather than screenplays
- Completed Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg
- I made progress on a screenplay

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...