Skip to main content

Merry Monday - Job Searching

job-search-276893_640

Well, I'm not sure what to say today. I always hated Mondays when I was working. It was odd getting to sleep in and take the day one step at a time. I think that will be my philosophy during this challenge. Take it one day at a time.

I began with breakfast and an episode of Archer because I felt like I could use a laugh.

Today, I renewed my health card. Following that I attempted to call the Cardio center as they need the new version code or I'll be charged for the visit I had to get results. They're closed until August 2nd for summer vacation. I've set myself a reminder to call them then.

After that I contacted my mortgage company and made an appointment to see what my options are until I find another job.

During lunch I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. Harry Potter movies always make me feel better.

I looked at jobs and started making a spreadsheet to keep track of where I have applied and when.

I played a little guitar and thought about my next steps.

I posted in my alumni group on Facebook to let them know I am looking for work.

I looked around the area I live in to help narrow down some potential employers in walking distance.

I wrote cover letters *shudder*. Then I applied to 5 jobs and ran the dishwasher.

I'm now able to focus on my writing and since I'm on a deadline I better get back to it.

Ciao,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...