Skip to main content

Merry Monday - Movies, More Movies, and Work

[caption id="attachment_4711" align="alignright" width="300"]merry_monday Image created using Bit Strips.[/caption]

What did I even do on Friday? It seems so long ago that I had trouble remembering, but I saw The Disaster Artist. It's a seriously great film about the making of the best worst film ever and worth seeing even if you aren't a fan of The Room.

I think I forgot to post on Saturday. I'm sorry for that. I've handed in somewhere around nine assignments in the last week and a half. My brain has been rather mushy as a result. I haven't gotten to do near enough music lately. I have to rebuild my calluses AGAIN. Someday I'll get to play guitar regularly... *sigh*.

Saturday and Sunday were taken up by work placement with Digi60 and I was fortunate to see short films made by some really talented people in the Ottawa area. Many of the most memorable and enjoyable ones were by Vincent Valentino. Some other were definitely by people that haven't studied much. Things like lighting were terrible in those. I could tell because of taking Video Production class. I'm apparently learning stuff in that one after all...

I had some car trouble, but I'm hoping to grab a charge thing so I never have battery trouble again unless the battery truly is screwed and Pixie hasn't just lost charge from not being driven plus it being cold out. Cars. Are. So. Fun. I suppose it forced me to learn the Rideau Centre bus stop intricacies.

I've watched a lot of the Star Wars films over the weekend in preparation for The Last Jedi. I can't believe it's almost here. It feels like I've been waiting for it for so long! I got the last D-Box seat for Friday early afternoon and just need to actually pick up my ticket. I'm watching in Machete Order because it's awesome and I can. I want to read the scripts too, but won't have time before Friday. Yoda kicking ass makes up some of my favourite scenes. Speaking of Star Wars, I have a fan theory I've come up with recently that I intend to share tomorrow.

I'm not sure what school has on tap this week, but I'm really enjoying writing every day. It's what I've wanted to do for so very many years. I better get ready.

Guid cheerio the nou,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...