Skip to main content

Life After Comiccon

Though I'm quite tired, I'm already thinking about next year's Comiccon.

Strange thing...  a few days before Comiccon I had this dream that I was throwing rocks at Ursula the Sea Witch from the Little Mermaid... then at Comiccon this lady cosplayed her in the masquerade. She did a fabulous job. In throwing rocks I may have been attempting to put an end to evil within myself according to a dream dictionary. Weird coincidence at any rate.

The clarity I received in talking to friends during Comiccon led to me ending something that wasn't working for me. As always I'm having mixed feelings, but I know it is the right thing. It was impacting my life negatively in too many areas, including my writing.

Back in the world of the day job we are defining core values at my company, which is exciting. I'm on the committee helping to make it happen. I'm planning a post to talk about my own values since it's on my mind lately.

At writer's group tonight we started talking about group goals for the future and supporting each other, which go hand-in-hand. I'm excited! We'll delve into it more in the coming months. Lots of discussions and decisions to be made, I think.

Current Goals (not necessarily in order)

1. Finish a short story I'm working on for a contest and enter it before week's end.

2. I need to get The Blood Waitress Club up on Smashwords. First it needs more editing.

3. 3-Day Iaido seminar in Guelph. I need to alter and wash my outfit for this. The top has been altered as of this evening. My belt is slightly short, so I need to add to it. I need to slightly shorten my hakama (special pants).

4. Make this website of mine mobile-friendly.

5. Finish the second draft edit of The Page & The Magician.

6. Start a YouTube channel.

7. Continue learning guitar.

8. Select a costume for next year's Comiccon to cosplay.

As usual, I have no trouble keeping busy. Off to sleep. Good night :)

Ciao,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...