Skip to main content

Ottawa Comiccon 2015 - Day 3

Thankfully I didn't wake up quite so early this morning.

I didn't make it to any panels today. I hung out with friends, shopped, and did a lot of walking. I also had a nap in my car. My feet screamed at me, but I had to deny their request for amputation. On I went to visit a friend despite their protests.

I chatted about writing and how it can be fun to play with timeline to move a story along in a non-linear fashion. I do these things, but because I haven't studied them to the level someone with an English degree has, I wonder if I'm doing them properly. I guess when I get to the point of beta readers, I'll know.

I suppose it's odd that I never take pictures of other people in costume. I guess I don't need pictures of strangers? There were a lot of sweet costumes though. There was a Hulk that was Hulk-sized.

I want to be in the masquerade next year. I think it would be fun to cosplay a character from something and do it well. I'm thinking of doing Tiny Tina for a cosplay for next year and I have a feeling I'll need to start making the costume in June to be able to pull it off. I also need to start playing the video game the character is from for... research purposes... At least I already own the game. Alternatives include Hit Girl from Kickass, and Kaylee from Firefly.

I'm starting my journey here in selecting the cosplay character I should do. I'm less than 5 foot tall, so it could be fun to do a short character. I'm not into much animé, so I'm trying to find short characters outside of it that I'm actually a fan of because I'd feel odd cosplaying something I don't watch.

I'm having grassfed beef hotdogs for supper because someone had a hotdog earlier and it looked really tasty, but I can't eat regular junk food. They'll be wrapped in lettuce.

Today I threw a Steampunk outfit together:

Steampunk_generic

Well I'm off to cook food, play guitar, and hit up some videogames.

Ciao,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...