Skip to main content

Make-It Monday/Theatrical Tuesday - Coping with Stress

bringit

I meant to post yesterday.

This is an insane week for me, so posting will be sparse and brief. Actually, maybe even non-existent as television and movie companies don't allow electronic devices thanks to apps like Facebook listening.

Yesterday was Easter Monday in Canada. To some, it meant a holiday. To others, it was a Monday with sale chocolate.

Classes were running. I felt a bit dizzy and I decided the best thing for me to do was to take some time to prepare for the week ahead. I don't usually miss, but there is a lot of stress right now and sometimes one needs to practice some self-care.

So I hemmed my jeans and did some folding. I did laundry and planned my outfits for the pitching trip. I also practiced my feature film pitch.

With the hectic week ahead, I didn't travel home to see my family. I'm hoping to soon as I haven't seen them since Christmas. I'm going to teach them Skype.

Since it was April Fool's on Sunday, I tried to have my dad tell my mom that I was flunking everything, I was going to starve, but I found a job dancing, and Bruno says I'm talented. He relayed most of it and judging by his laugh, mom made a good face.

On Monday, I also completed the next stage of a job application. It was an online assessment. I hope I did well! I'm happy to have made it this far.

I didn't sleep well last night as I was freaking out about thoughts of the transit system not getting me to the school on time for the pitch trip. My local bus is one of the worst in the city for suddenly not existing. And especially so when there is bad weather. We're expecting freezing rain tonight and maybe some snow. I decided that the sensible thing would be to Uber or Lyft to school early, so I can ensure I won't miss the bus. It won't be cheap, but if I order it early enough, I won't have anything to worry about.

I still have to rewrite my feature film's cue cards. I'm so happy I got blue cards from my teacher!

Well, I'm off to finish packing. You might not hear from me until Friday or Saturday.

And that's how life's river flows today.
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...