Skip to main content

Make-It Monday - Freedom

bitmoji_goalsIt's hard to feel free when you're in dire need of employment and worried about losing your home. When nearly every moment is occupied with job hunting and applications and you'd like to be doing almost anything else. These weeks have been exhausting and I haven't gotten as much writing done as I'd like to.

I now understand why the working poor doesn't chase their dreams.

They're too busy fighting to survive.

But many a self-made millionaire started there.

I had a job interview today! It felt like it went well, but who knows? They could've been more impressed with someone else. I feel good about it anyway. I think it was one of my better interviews. I should hear this week. Cross your fingers, pray, or whatever you'd like for me please and thank you!

Hopefully the tide is changing in my favour. I could really use the kind of break that is a bunch of work.

I'm making a lot of progress in cleaning my home thanks to having a friend stay over this week. Also, I discovered The Clutter Fairy. I find her videos the best. I've noticed that cleaning my home has made me feel better about my circumstances. As more of my place is put in order, I feel like more of my life is coming together.You could say I'm getting sorted.

I've even been decluttering my friends list on Facebook. That is also improving my mood.

Things are coming along with my internship. We're nearing our first shoot of the season. I'll be reaching out to the big acts this week to see if they'll talk to us. If I get one of them to come, my parents will be super jealous...

Some other exciting things are in the hopper. I'm not allowed to talk about them.

I feel freer than I did yesterday. Circumstances haven't changed and yet my mindset about them has. I think that's important.

R~

 

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...