Skip to main content

Nails and Things

OK, this post may seem a bit uncharacteristic of me, but only because I haven't shared this thing about me. Not that it's a big deal really.

I almost never leave enough time before an event to do my nails before it. I want to, but life always seems to get in the way,

Anyway, I figured out that I should do my nails the day before rather than the day of because I can  just tweak it on the day of rather than trying to fit it all in. 

Why am I even posting about this?

For me, it's a milestone in a way. It's a sign that I'm *finally* getting my life together in some small way.

I may not be super girly, but I feel like having my nails done is as crucial as not leaving a tiny opening with my saya. My martial arts buds will get that.

Basically, it means that if I can get this miniscule part handled, the bigger things are nothing to tackle.

This is one of those #lifeisbudo moments.

For the first time ever, I don't care about colouring inside the lines with my nails because I have time to fix the parts that went outside. So it can be a complete mess, but it won't matter if I leave time to fix it before going out. Rather like a first draft, but for nails. 

This is one way to seem that one has their life together when they really don't lol

Yeah. So... Sometimes I'm kind of girly.

----------

The above was a drunken St. Paddy's dayish post. And I've decided to take a bit of a break from drinking while I'm still mourning my mother and with all the ridiculousness in the world right now. It's been too easy to overdo it lately and I don't like that. It doesn't help with any of my goals, especially the health and wellness ones.

Speaking of my goals, I've reached chapter 12 on my edits. I've made more progress in the last few weeks than I have in the last couple years just by doing 30-45 minutes on it in the mornings before work. I have friends who can write for hours or until some world goal is met, but it hasn't ever worked well for me. A shorter, focused period, seems to be the thing. At least for this time in my life. This incremental progress has also improved my contentedness in other areas of my life.

As always, you can check out my goals progress here: https://trello.com/b/RM8yD3eq/rae-roy-general

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...