Skip to main content

ROW80 - Mid-Week

ROW80Logocopy

I felt today's Thoughtful Thursday post on Cultural Appropriation needed its own space free from my goals update. I've linked it in case you want to read it.

Here are my updates:

  • Screenplay: 13 pages have been written.

  • Novel: Nothing since Monday.

  • Short Story: Editing finished and returned to my publisher. Likely another round of editing before it's complete.

  • Kitchen Reno: On hold until June.

  • Sewing Business: On hold until after the May long weekend.

  • Martial Arts: Must get making the rest of my food. It would be nice to be ready early in the week. Working on the car music too.

  • Newsletter: Working on the short story that will be in it.

  • Fitness: Got out walking yesterday and danced some while working on the car music.

  • Cleaning: No major improvements. Just fighting the usual battle with dishes. Picking up a little at a time.

  • Bento Boxes: I made rice balls. Lacking salt, but otherwise good. Also not sure where to get black sesame seeds.

  • Guitar: Been playing a little every day. New strings are brighter, but my playing is sloppy.

  • Reading: Really enjoying Sins of the Angels. On Chapter 10. Might finish it this week. I don't read slow when I'm liking something. I devour it.


Off to Comiccon on Saturday. I could only afford to go for one day this year. I picked the day that had the best panels for me to learn to make certain items in case I want to for my sewing business. I also make it a point to go and visit people I know in the extended writing community that I don't see often otherwise.

Salut,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...