Skip to main content

Make It Monday - Preparations

bitmoji_goalsAs semester two begins tomorrow, I've been spending a lot of time this weekend preparing for it by catching up on chores, planning food, and getting some rest.

Here was my Friday:

  • fixed my blue ray player

  • did a bit of novel editing (more on this below)

  • moved a bathroom cabinet, sink, mirrored medicine cabinet out of my car

  • shoveled some of the snow out of my parking spot

  • put away some of my Christmas decorations

  • submitted a thing related to placement plus updated my placement log

  • got in touch with my next placement person

  • got a little tipsy (work hard, play hard :))

  • watched 3 movies (Blade Runner Final Cut, Deliver Us From Evil, and Big Hero 6)

  • put together my second semester schedule

  • removed the old mirror from my bathroom

  • watched some Black List


Saturday was:

  • many loads of laundry

  • baked chicken wings

  • watched 2 movies (The Meyerowitz Stories and Vampire Academy)

  • watch more Black List?

  • did more editing

  • played some guitar and transposed one song from trumpet to guitar


Sunday:

  • beat Lego Marvel Superheros

  • cleaned the entranceway

  • did more editing


Today (so far):

  • mailed a letter

  • got my hair trimmed

  • did some groceries

  • watched this video to mourn the loss of Dolores from The Cranberries :'(


Cleaning

Now, why did I move all that stuff out of my car all in one day?

We were expecting rain that would flash freeze then snow was to follow it. I wanted to get it out sooner, but every time I turned around there was bad weather. It was mild that day despite a light drizzle, so it was time to get it done. It hasn't helped overall with getting my place clean as I now have a sink hanging out in my little dining room, but that's life.

I start placement soon too and I intend to drive there, so I thought it would be nice if my car wasn't full of furniture.

I'm not sure what got into me on Friday, but I'm losing the steam I had that day. My big plan for tonight is to fold the clothes I washed the other day and maybe put away some other things that need to be put away.

Writing

I've mostly taken a break this weekend from writing other than my blog. I did do a little on the editing on my novel though. It took me about half a day to find a better word than I initially chose because it's quite a specific thing and all the words normally suggested just didn't quite fit. I also fixed some other parts that seemed overly wordy and jargon filled. I'm annoyed it took me that long, but the smallest amount of progress is better than none at all.

School

Second semester starts tomorrow. So this week is about getting used to a new schedule, new rooms, and I also begin my work placement at a local production company, which I'm super excited about!

Fitness

I'm starting to exercise a little more as of this week. First, I need to clear the area for it, so I'll be working on that some tonight.

Music

I haven't been playing every day yet, but I know I will. Especially as I get my place cleaner, I'll have less other things to do.

And that's how it flows today.
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...