Skip to main content

Theatrical Tuesday - Harsh Realties

TuesdayToday was partly a day of hearing things I don't want to hear.

Things like that if I'm to get anywhere in this career, I pretty much need to move to Toronto or possibly my hometown. I don't want to move back to my hometown. My heart hasn't been there for a very long time. I'm not averse to moving. I just hope I don't have trouble selling my condo and I still have the problem of not having money to cover May's expenses.

And while killing time, I chatted with one of our alumni who thought my movie sounds more like a made for TV idea, but I think it could be bigger. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

Derek Diorio from Hard Rock Medical and many other things spoke to our class today. We learned a bit about how things get funded in Canada and that's what brought up the likely needing to move to Toronto idea.

Otherwise, it's been a tough day for me. I guess I slept wonky because my neck is super pissed off and I've been in pain all day going down into my shoulder. I'm basically sitting here with my head in an inflatable neck brace/stretcher to try and reduce the pain. I might take a shower just to have the warm water help.

It's also been tough because I took Naloxone training tonight due to losing a friend a couple months ago. We weren't close, but I was hoping to catch up with her and the next thing I knew, she was gone. After that time, I noticed how much stupid things people say in relation to the opioid issue, so I've also written a play to help some of them see it more clearly. At least, that's the hope. She was in my high school drama club, so I felt like a play was appropriate.

The semester is ramping up and there are a ton of things for me to get working on. The first act of our feature films is due this week and we also have to have something done for our TV shows. There is also reading and watching of some web series's.

And that's how the river of life flows today.
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...