Skip to main content

Make It Monday - Swamped But Surviving

bitmoji_goalsIn the last week I have done the following:

  1. Completed and submitted a scene where two people try to convince another of something.

  2. Completed and submitted an optional short film pitch to be eligible to pitch it on our trip.

  3. Peer reviewed the first act of a classmate's feature film.

  4. Had my first fight with my TV partner. We figured it out and we're good.

  5. My partner and I completed a 1-pager for our TV show and submitted it.

  6. Went to martial arts.

  7. Completed a creative approach for placement and submitted it.

  8. Met with the comedy group in prep for the show.

  9. Completed and submitted my career plan.

  10. Went to placement where I worked on a script for described video.

  11. Went to rehearsal for the comedy show.

  12. Did the comedy show.

  13. Wrote the other eight pages for my feature film and submitted it.

  14. Completed the synopsis for my one-act play to be submitted today.

  15. Began the pitch document for our TV show to be finished today and presented tomorrow.

  16. Began the assignment due on Thursday.

  17. Began reading a book for the book review we have to do.

  18. Fallen asleep numerous times from exhaustion.


The day of the comedy show was a frustrating one. It started with me waking from a dream that involved a boy from high school. I had a crush on this boy many years ago and one particular friend used to meet up with me nearly every day to buy food from the chip stand he worked at. It wasn't until the end of the summer that I got up the courage to ask him out. By then he had just started dating something else.

That friend then messaged me to tell me her mother passed away :'(

Then I fought to get my car dug out and drove to placement where I couldn't seem to communicate well with my supervisor, but things got better for a bit.

Then my car wouldn't start and my booster pack had lost its charge from the cold, so I had to get a boost from the tech.

Then there was bus trouble to get to rehearsal.

Then one of my classmates almost walked into traffic as we walked from the bus to the show.

I was a little buzzed by the time I performed, but people said I did well...

[caption id="attachment_15364" align="alignnone" width="720"]granny Photo from Comedy Ottawa[/caption]

Overall, the show went well and I got a hug that helped make all the bad of the day melt away.

I also had an awesome Uber driver at the end of the night who chatted with me about Black Mirror.

This week doesn't look much lighter, though I'll have a few more things completed like two presentations that I won't have to worry about later on in the year.

Tonight, I need to remember that my writing group is meeting at the mall near my home. I also need to take my booster pack out of my car and charge it up so I'll be able to do things tomorrow like martial arts and put gas in my car.

And that's how life's river flows today.
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...