Skip to main content

Make-It Monday - Exciting Times

bitmoji_goalsI finished the bulk of my first screenplay this weekend. Unfortunately, it's falling short of the range of pages it should be in. Fortunately, I have ideas to fix that problem. One idea came from going out to a friend's photography exhibition on Friday. We talked a bit about my movie and my friends suggested something to add; a pet. I really liked the specific idea they had, but it will also help me make my opening scene better while reinforcing the theme. The other idea came from one of my teachers. I couldn't see the importance of getting more specific about my one character, but now I see showing more of him will not only give me the pages I need, but I can use his scenes to somewhat mirror what my protagonist is going through and foreshadow things to come. I'm excited to write the next pieces of my feature!

I had a meeting today that might lead to some writing work for me. It was a great meeting and I'm looking forward to the possibility of working with the person. I could tell I would learn a lot from the experience and if it goes well, it could be fruitful for all involved.

I've been getting my 10-minute play ready to be read publicly by actors next Monday at the Hot House play reading series! If you're in the area, please come. It's $5 to help us fund-raise for our Toronto trip next month, which will likely help us get our careers off to a good start.

When I got home today, it was hard to focus. Hopped up on caffeine and with so much going on, I felt scatterbrained, so I sat down and prioritized my work. I organized my scripts for Hot House. I tweaked both of my pitches and got them ready for the next couple of days where we are pitching to local industry experts. I felt a little better once I got both of those things squared away. Now I must work on memorizing them.

Once I get through this week, I have one major presentation left in April and the rest of my workload looks to be mainly things like a portfolio and resume after our pitching trip in Toronto.

My life has so much good potential right now and good things that are happening that I'm feeling truly blessed. My soul hasn't felt so peacefully energized in a very long time. It's fantastic to be chasing my dreams! Actually, I feel like my soul is humming at a frequency it's never reached before!

And that's how life's river flows today.
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...