Skip to main content

Theatrical Tuesday - In Slow Motion

Tuesday

I keep thinking about and forgetting a topic I want to talk about on Tuesday. I've been doing it for several weeks now and it's so annoying! It feels as though the thoughts have been shoved behind a barrier in my mind that I can't see, but only feel is there.

Having a cold has given me time to slow down and refocus some of my energy. I've found Facebook more annoying than usual and logged out for the day. I'm exploring other options for connecting with like-minded people whose goals align with my own. I started today out extremely frustrated and am ending it in the opposite state.

The first draft of my one act play has been written and was submitted yesterday. It's an office-based melodrama that touches on a number of societal ills and uses office noises in a musical way. I'm pretty psyched about it! It's not as long as my teacher wanted, but there will be a couple more times during the semester to add to it and make it better.

Sometimes it's not about getting something written quickly. That's hard for me to accept. I'm usually working at a fast pace. What this year has been teaching me is that our work needs to go through a lot of stages before it can be its best, so it's not crucial to get it perfect on the first pass.

My TV series partner and I were supposed to be mock pitching for our show, but between my cold and her ultra packed week, I requested a move to next week. I've never been one for sharing my germs if I can help it.

I'll be working on a movie set this weekend as part of wardrobe. I'm hoping to learn a lot and maybe they'll have good tips for my sewing. It's mostly outdoor work, so I'm really hoping I'm feeling better by then. I also hope I can stay warm, so I don't get sicker.

Today, I've slowly added to my feature film script and got a load of laundry done. Every time I tried to do more, I had a sneeze fit or my nose would run.

And that's how life's river flows today.
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...