Skip to main content

Symphonic Saturday - I'm a Sheerio

music1What's a Sheerio?

Why it's a fan of Ed Sheeran of course.

He and I have a few things in common! I wasn't aware of his love of swords or that he names his guitars, so I'm thankful to this article for this new information.

  1. We both love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

  2. We both love Game of Thrones.

  3. We both love Star Wars.

  4. I'd totally be obsessed with LEGO too if I could afford it.

  5. We both love swords.

  6. We both name our guitars.

  7. We both play music. Though I'm terrible at it in comparison and still learning.

  8. We're both geeks.

  9. We both have tattoos, though I'm way behind in comparison...


I've been a fan of Ed since before he got famous. Back when he just had one single out and regularly used the body of his guitar as his drum beat. He was different in a good way.

A-Team was a song that helped me through some tough times. I also love LEGO House. Actually, I don't think there is a Sheeran song I don't like. Some are quiet and mellow like I See Fire and others are full of energy like Galway Girl.

I have a copy of Ed Sheeran: A Visual Journey that he and his friend Phillip Butah put together. It's basically a biography with more pictures and graphics than most usually have.

But he actually plays his guitar regularly. I've had so much going on with my life lately that I need to rebuild my calluses again. He also sings better.

Anyway, the VMAs are this weekend and I'm hoping to find a place to watch them.

Guid cheerio the nou,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...