Skip to main content

Thoughtful Thursday - Time Management

thoughtfulI hear all kinds of crap all the time.

Stuff like, "Don't schedule your blog posts ahead of time."

Why is it crap?

Well, some people say you shouldn't in the off chance that you blog about something that isn't relevant to the news that happened that day. In case something big happens like Trump getting impeached.

Guess what. If something big happens, you can just issue another blog post for that once you've wrapped your head around it rather than being reactionary to everything around you.

Also, just because something big happened in the world, doesn't mean it's something your blog should talk about. I try to focus on being positive, music, martial arts, writing, movies, and the things that relate most directly to them. Yeah, maybe some military coup just happened, but unless I'm going to look at it from a point of view that relates to the rest of the content on my blog, I don't need to jump in on that discussion. If you jump in every time something happens without looking at your blog's content, you dilute what your blog is about and forget who it is for. This isn't a political blog, so I don't often discuss politics at all. If I started constantly posting about Trump, I'd lose readers who care about what I normally write about. I don't need to be saying the same thing that everyone else is.

Busy people schedule their blog posts because it lets them get more done. They get to do more of what they're passionate about. Every second matters and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Maybe their seconds don't matter to them, but yours are up to you and you alone.

I often schedule my posts because my life is full and my to-do list is long. It's one thing out of many that I do to find the extra time to spend with loved ones creating memories.

Do what works for you. It's your blog.

Guid cheerio the nou,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...