Skip to main content

Theatrical Tuesday - Game of Thrones *No Spoilers*

TuesdayI've caught up on Game of Thrones.

The finale was awesome in so many aspects. And I do mean awesome, not just really cool. Points literally struck me with awe. I felt myself cheering at parts, cringing at others, and in shock by the end.

I can't believe I have to wait until . . . Who knows? One friend said he heard Season 8 might not come until 2019! I REALLY hope he's wrong on that one.

I suppose it's good that it ended before school starts. It's one less thing to distract me from my studies.

I'm also caught up on South Park, so I've been trying Bob's Burgers. South Park returns in about 2 weeks and I guess a few other shows will too, but I can't believe GoT is over again already.

Wait, I think I'm behind on Supernatural and perhaps Archer. Maybe it's also a good time to rewatch something like Lord of the Rings?

I'm sure I'll have no shortage of films to watch for my Film and Media in Canada course soon. It's a Tuesday class and I won't have the first one until September 12th because of the way the schedule falls with Labour Day and the first Tuesday being orientation instead of actual classes.

Lots to do in the coming weeks.

There are other things, but I seem to have a pulled quad muscle, so I'm relegated to lighter tasks right now. I do have many things to read, so that is mostly my focus.

I need to finish reading The Glass Castle so I can go see the movie and find out how it stacks up against the book. Judging by the trailer, I might be disappointed. Maybe I'll do this as I catch up on laundry.

Guid cheerio the nou,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...