Skip to main content

Merry Monday - 2017 Civic Weekend

[caption id="attachment_4711" align="alignleft" width="300"]merry_monday Image created using Bit Strips.[/caption]

Well, my weekend has been a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. Sometimes I get extremely frustrated. Especially if my B12 levels get low. The frequency that I curse rises the lower my B12 levels are. When they get low, I get upset easily and feel really angry. It sucks. What sucks even more is somehow always forgetting that's what's making me upset until it gets bad. I had been slightly reacting to the cherry flavoured sublingual ones. I'm annoyed I can't seem to find the unflavoured kind now. They tasted fine. I don't need my vitamins to taste like candy. Anyway, the sublingual ones are 1000 mcg and the only ones I could find when I went that didn't have a bunch of extra additives were 250 mcg. You can see how that became a problem, I'm sure.

My original plans for the weekend included seeing my significant other, but he was sick and not up for seeing anyone. We don't get a lot of time together because our schedules rarely align. It's something we're working on, of course, but it is what it is.

I ended up watching movies and attending a webinar. Webinars are always iffy. You learn a bit, but they often feel like sitting through a time share presentation. This one wasn't so heavy with marketing that I didn't learn anything. It did make me interested in taking the course it was promoting. Perhaps once school is done.

It started off really hot, so I was also cranky because of that until I stopped being an idiot. Then I remembered my adjustable tabletop laptop table has a fan built into it to keep the laptop cool, which actually helps keep me and the house cool too. I also brought my fan out of the bedroom.

Cleaning off my balcony helped my mood. It was satisfying to sit out there and enjoy a breeze. It would've been nice to have a gluten free beer or cider while sitting out there, but I was too broke to buy any.

Later, I caught a squirrel climbing on my balcony screen door.

I didn't mind that it got cold later, though I know that wrecked the long weekend for some. It made it easier to do things like clean the balcony.

Only trouble is, cleaning the balcony has left me with a pulled right hamstring muscle. I went for my "run" anyway, which was pretty much all walking. There are things around the house to pick up, but I can't bend over to do that, so it will have to wait. My thigh will have a date with a tennis ball to hopefully work that out since I don't own a foam roller.

As I look around my place, I still see so much that needs to be done, but I'm took broken to do it today.

Last night, I tried to play a free game that is supposed to work with my laptop, but doesn't. The graphics are so bad that I can't see the characters to even choose the one I want to play. It was frustrating to find this out after hours of patching the thing. I was looking forward to catching up with friends who don't live near me. It's always more fun while gaming.

Anyway, I suppose I should get on with the rest of this holiday Monday. It's not really a holiday for many who work for themselves. I'm choosing to start living my school schedule to a degree to be sure I'll be able to do things like exercise before school. Looks like I need to get up earlier than I am right now, which means also going to sleep earlier.

I'm not sure what I'm really trying to say with all of this today, except perhaps I'm not feeling as merry as I'd like today, so I best end it here.

Guid cheerio the nou,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...