Skip to main content

Merry Monday - Getting Things Done

[caption id="attachment_4711" align="alignright" width="300"]merry_monday Image created using Bit Strips.[/caption]

I've been pretty exhausted since the pre-orientation day at school. It was a lot of walking. I think the first couple of weeks are going to be tough for me. There's a line where the right amount of exercise reduces my fatigue and if I cross it, I end up extra tired for days. Extra tired as in I feel like the world is wrapped in cheesecloth (or maybe I am) and only some parts seep in. Of course, that line is like an invisible moving target, but it is what it is. Martial arts was rough yesterday.

I've been spending time going through my things to reduce where I can. As I wash clothing, I decide whether or not to keep it before folding it. I've been reducing my jewelry. I don't wear much of it anyway.

I got the last kitchen drawer bottom cut on Friday. The next step is hand planing it to the right thickness for the slot. Not today though. I'm too sore from martial arts.

Things are coming together slowly.

I'm also working on my novel, of course.

I've already begun reading ahead for school.

The VMAs were a horrible waste of my time last night. They cut off Linkin Park's performance which was in tribute to their lost band mate. They cut to commercial at the worst possible time they could have. Yet, Miley's performance was unobstructed. They had no problems letting Katy Perry's boring host blathering be heard by the audience at home, but a performance by Linkin Park had to be cut off. I seriously doubt I'll ever bother with the VMAs again.

Anyway, today is supposed to be about positivity. It's a beautifully sunny day here in Ottawa. The neighbour's dog isn't barking. It's Monday, so I have a bunch of time to get things done before another weekend is upon me. The hardest challenge I have this week involves getting my storage area reconfigured so I can store my winter tires in it. I only have two tires in Ottawa right now as my car can only hold two of them. I have a trolley, so I'm not so worried about getting them from the car to the storage area.

Anyway, I should think about lunch and dinner too.

Oh, I also need to do some reading.

Looks like a mostly easy week before September comes.

Guid cheerio the nou,
R~

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Vision

Mostly, I’ve been planning for the new year, but I discovered I know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was a recollection under the influence that brought this to light. I also discovered I still suck at drawing, but I’m okay with that. I used to think I had to be good at everything, and I’ve realized that’s just not so. Some friends and I recently hit up a local board game pub. It was a pretty fun night. The first game was Balderdash and I was terrible at it. Because I was the writer in the group, some of my friends thought I should be more embarrassed about it and hide the fact that I don’t spend all my free time learning advanced vocabulary. But I’m not upset about it. Why? Two reasons: 1. I now know what I don’t know. 2. If one takes a close look at the top selling novels on the market, the level of the language used is not the level of many of the words in Balderdash. Not that I’m comparing my own work to those, but audience is what matters in writing. To me, it is far better to e...

Warrior Wednesday - Cross-training

[caption id="attachment_11040" align="alignright" width="300"] Image created using Bitmoji[/caption] Martial arts are a great workout, but it can be easy to forget that we need to do other exercises to ensure total body fitness. That being said, it doesn't have to take a lot of time or be a miserable experience. One of my Iaido mentors, 8th Dan Hatekenaka Sensei, does hot yoga when she isn't practicing Iaido. She practices Iaido every day whether there is class or not. Now Iaido is great for many things. Swinging a sword about takes *some* strength, so it works the upper body. It's important to mention that we try to get a sword that is a reasonable weight. Many are only a couple of pounds because they are a giant razor and don't need to be heavy in order to cut things. Also, a light sword should be able to be swung as thought it were heavy and a heavy one as though it were light. It also is helpful to prevent repetitive strain injuries. W...

Change is in the Air

I've been making a lot of changes lately around my home and some of them might seem a little odd, but they're making me happy. One thing I've done is taken apart my dining table. I never eat in there or have people over to eat. It was just another horizontal surface that would collect things like receipts, odd screws from various projects, and countless piles of paper. I had been frustrated because of the clutter it encouraged, but also because I didn't have a space for my Yamaha keyboard. I had been trying to use my keyboard in the living room, but it felt too cluttered and it wasn't sitting at the right height. With it now in my dining room, I was able to relocate my storage bench, which happens to be the perfect height to sit at while playing my keyboard. I now have much more breathing room. There is still a lot of mess to handle here yet, but I'm making solid progress. A lot of people suggest the bedroom is the place to start when decluttering, but I haven...